Home > Blog
Guidance and counselling are important for children, and schools have a huge role in bringing out the best in children. Good conduct is coveted, but sometimes young minds need guidance to polish their personality. Through counselling, children are given advice on how to manage and deal with emotional conflict and personal problems.
Proper counselling will help incorporate valuable lessons in their daily life. Some sessions should involve career guidance, where the students are advised on the selection of courses and different career paths. It's important to prepare them for life after school and what to expect in the different fields they might opt for
Following are some of the benefits that students get from effective guidance & counselling:
1. Students are given proper guidance on how to deal with psychological problems which can badly impact their studies. Through these sessions, the students will be able to develop certain problem-solving skills which to an extent help them deal with particular issues surrounding their lives.
2. The students are advised on how to cope with different situations they tend to face in their school life. For instance, how should they talk politely or relate with their peers. This advice will give them perspective on how should they behave in certain scenarios.
3. It helps to shape a student's behaviour and also instil enough discipline in them. Proper guidance helps them achieve their goals, well guided & counselled students know what to do and how to do things in the best possible way.
4. Students learn how to live in peace and harmony with others in the school community. Thereby, they also learn to appreciate other people in their class.
5. It helps to bridge the gap between students and the school administration, since they are able to guide their problems through a proper counselling channel in the office.
6. Students get comprehensive advice on career, courses and jobs that enable them to make a proper and informed choice and understand what they can do after they are done with school.
7. It allows students to talk to teachers about various experiences that make them uncomfortable. They can openly share problems that they cannot share with their parents.
8. Talks related to alcohol, drugs, personal feelings or any kind of abuse, can be openly discussed. Guidance and counselling also make students better human beings since they are counselled on how to act and behave in a particular situation
9. It enables students undergoing certain difficulties in their lives, to ask questions and clarify them through guiding and counselling. Therefore, counselling helps them ask without any fear since the person in charge is willing to help.
Nalanda International School, Vadodara is one of the schools that provide students with educational counselling in the senior years of school when students come face-to-face with some important decisions in their life. These are crucial years of their teenage life, so they naturally have many questions.
It's important to know what they feel or think and answer their questions so that they don't find random solutions to their problems, which can get dangerous. If as parents it’s hard to give time to your children because of the busy work schedule, enrol your children in schools like Nalanda International School , where they can be guided and counselled properly.